07 Mar 10 Reasons to Participate in National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
NWGHAAD is on Sunday, March 10, 2019. Project Know presents 10 reasons to get involved.
1. Support women.
Women continue to push the universe forward. You want to be on the right side of history.
2. HIV/AIDS is not a “gay man’s disease”. It can affect anyone.
3. (RED) reports AIDS as the leading cause of death among young women worldwide.
Last week, (RED) posted 7000 women were infected with HIV.
4. According to the CDC, 1 out of 4 people with HIV is a woman.
5. Health is wealth.
HIV/AIDS is preventable. Protection and detection are key in eliminating HIV/AIDS.
6. Sex education is a must and women and girls can take protection into their own hands.
This year’s theme is “HIV prevention starts with me”.
7. HIV+ women can have romantic and sexual relationships without transferring the virus to their partners.
8. Birthing babies is one of women’s super powers and HIV+ women can have babies without transferring the virus to their children.
9. CDC reports that only half of the women living with HIV have attained viral suppression.
Viral suppression is an undetectable level of the virus in an infected person’s body, which prevents transmission.
10. It’s time to normalize the conversation on HIV/AIDS and everyone can get involved in educating their family, friends, colleagues, church members, and neighbors.
Let’s commit to learning and educating others. Keep the conversation going and join our HIV/AIDS Awareness Community. Visit http://theprojectknow.org/events/ to find NWGHAAD events in your city. You can also follow Project Know on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
If you would like a shirt to represent for NWGHAAD, check out the special edition items in our shop.